Metro University Discount Program
Hey, UC and Cincinnati State – We’re Reinventing Metro for You!
For many years, Metro has been proud to partner with the University of Cincinnati and Cincinnati State to assist university students and staff with high gas prices and parking hassles associated with commuting to school, work, athletic events, shopping and socializing. This year, Metro is proud to continue to offer discount programs for University of Cincinnati students/staff and Cincinnati State Technical and Community College students! (CS has not opened the discount program to its staff at this time.)
The University Discount Program offers Metro rides for just $1!
NEW: UC students/staff and CS students can now use Transit with the EZfare app to pay their Metro fare – no more cards!
Ride free first two months of classes 2022!
And to prove there’s never been a better time to ride Metro, we’re giving you free rides for the first month of the 2022 Fall Semester! After registering for the discount program through your school (see below), a free-ride ticket for unlimited rides will appear in your Transit app account.
For UC students/staff, that free-ride ticket can be used for unlimited rides between 8/22/22 and 10/24/22.
For CS students, that free-ride ticket can be used for unlimited rides between 8/29/22 and 10/31/22.
How to get your university discount
Here’s the easy, one-time way to take advantage of this new convenience feature:
• Download the Transit with EZfare app, free for Android and Apple devices.
• Create an account using your school email address. IMPORTANT: You must use your school email address when setting up your account; otherwise, it will not work with the discount program.
• NOTE: If you already have a Transit with EZfare account set up using a different email address, you will need to set up a new one using your UC or CS assigned email address.
Once you’ve set up your Transit with EZfare account, you must apply online through your school's web portal to enroll in the program each semester. Eligibility is determined at the time of online application.
Register for the UC Metro Discount Program here.
Register for CS Metro Discount Program here.
The University Discount Program is free to eligible students and staff and can be used to ride anywhere Metro goes for only $1 – due to limitations in the app, you must purchase $1 ride tickets in bundles of two for $2. Better deal: Purchase a half-fare day pass for only $2 for unlimited rides during the service day on all Hamilton County local service routes for even greater savings.
Important tips:• Registration is valid for one semester only – tickets in the app are available on the first day of the semester and they expire on the first day of the following semester. You must register each semester to participate in the discount program.
• At the end of the semester, any unused tickets will expire, so purchase your tickets wisely. You may be limited to purchasing a certain number of tickets at one time to avoid losing any ticket value when the semester ends. No refunds will be given.
• Tap your phone on the validator on the bus and show your school ID to the operator when boarding.
• Tickets may be used 24-hours-a-day, 7-days-a-week for unlimited rides per day wherever Metro buses travel.
• Tickets may only be used by the student or staff member who is enrolled or employed by UC at the time of registration.
For questions about the University Discount program, UC students/staff should contact Aimee Gibson at caylorae@UCMAIL.UC.EDU or 513-556-4424. CS students should contact Soni Hill at email@example.com or 513-569-1555.