Metro Veterans Program
The Metro Veterans Program (MVP) is a new discount program for military veterans and active-duty military personnel. The program is Metro's way of saying “Thank you for your service” through half-price fare on all Metro rides. You served for us, now let us serve you.
- Military Veterans (Including National Guard & Reserves)
- Active-duty Military Personnel
Once approved, eligible participants will receive an MVP Card. This "tap and show" smart card will allow participants to ride Metro for half fare. Just tap your smart card on the target image on the farebox, show it to the operator and pay the amount shown on the farebox.
How to Apply for an MVP Card
MVP Reduced Fare Application
Download the application or call 513-632-7540 to request one.
Once you have completed the application, bring your current, state-issued photo ID that shows date of birth along with proof of veteran or active-duty status to the Metro Fare Deal Office so we can take your photo for your ID card. The Metro Fare Deal Office is located in Silverton at 7000 Montgomery Rd. (served by Rt. 4 Kenwood or Blue Ash and Rt. 90 Metro*Plus) and is open Monday, Wednesday and Friday 8:15 a.m. - 4 p.m. (Closed noon - 1 p.m. for lunch) All Metro offices are closed for major holidays.
In addition to state-issued photo ID showing date of birth, veterans and active-duty military personnel must present one of the following documents:
- Veteran’s Identification Card issued by the U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs
- Driver’s License or State Identification with veteran status listed
- DD Form 214 Verification of Military Service with one of the following characters of service: General, General under Honorable, Honorable Discharge
When approved, your card may be issued to you the same day (if presenting a federally issued ID showing proof of veteran or active-duty status) or mailed to you within 21 days (if supplying DD Form 214 as proof of veteran status).
Your MVP card is good for five years before renewal is required.
Please note: If you already have a Fare Deal card, you do not need to apply for an MVP card.
MVP Monthly Stickers
Purchase a monthly MVP sticker for unlimited rides on any Metro route for only $40 (as of April 4, 2021) each month:
- By mail - Send the completed mail order form and check or money order made payable to SORTA to Metro/Access, 1801 Transpark Drive, Cincinnati, OH 45229-1239
- By phone - Call 513-632-7591
- In person - Visit one of the following locations:
- Metro Fare Deal Office: 7000 Montgomery Rd. (served by Rt. 4 Kenwood or blue Ash and Rt. 90 Metro*Plus) Monday, Wednesday and Friday 8:15 a.m. - 4 p.m. (Closed noon - 1 p.m. for lunch)
- Metro Sales Office: 120 East 4th Street Downtown (across from Government Square, served by all downtown Metro routes) Weekdays 7 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. Closed major holidays.
Stickers are valid for the calendar month only – not 30 days from when you purchase your sticker. Stickers are available between the 15th of the previous month and the 10th of the current month. For example, get a December sticker between Nov. 15 and Dec. 10.
Email MVP@go-metro.com or call the Reduced Fare Programs Office at 513-632-7540.