- Riding Metro
- Fares & Passes
- About Metro
- Doing Business
- Contact Us
Metro’s day pass for Zones 1 and 2, sold on the bus for extra convenience. They’re perfect for visitors, occasional riders and anyone who plans to ride frequently throughout the day without worrying about exact change or transfers.
Unlimited rides ‘til 3 a.m. next day
• $4.50 for Zone 1 and $6.30 for Zone 2
• No transfers needed
• Buy on the bus or at the sales office, 120 East 4th Street downtown across from Government Square
Important day pass reminders:
• To purchase a day pass on the bus, tell the operator BEFORE paying your fare or using a stored-value card.
• The first ride is already counted when you purchase a day pass on the bus.
• You may purchase a Zone 1 or 2 day pass on any route, not just routes operating in those zones.
• Day passes bought at the sales office will need to be activated on the bus.
• To activate a day pass, insert it into the slot on top of the farebox.
• Once activated, swipe it every time you ride (just like a 30-day rolling pass.)
• If paying for zone fares, tell your operator before you insert your day pass.
• You may not use a stored-value card to pay zone fares unless the card has already been activated.
• All activated day passes expire at 3 a.m. the next day. For example, if you buy a day pass and activate it after midnight, it will be good until 3 a.m. the following day.
• You may pre-purchase day passes from the sales office and use them at a later date. The 3 a.m. expiration date is not set until it is activated.
• Day passes are not accepted for half-fare rides on Transit Authority of Northern Kentucky (TANK.)
Read Frequently Asked Questions about day passes
Regional Stored-Value Cards which can be used on all Metro and Tank buses, can be used like cash to pay all zone fares, buy transfers, pay discounted fares such as Fare Deal, children’s fares or UC or Cincinnati State fares, and even for multiple riders.
Regional Stored-Value Cards are available in $10, $20, and $30 quantities.
Riders must tell the driver what they are paying for before they insert the cards into the slot on top of the farebox. Metro’s farebox will deduct fare from the stored-value card on each ride until all funds have been used.
Metro and TANK regional stored value cards are now for sale at Metro’s sales office, 120 E. Fourth Street, Mercantile Building arcade downtown, weekdays 7 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
NOTE: Additional zone fare will be charged for travel beyond your pass zone
30-day Rolling Passes:
Zone 1 - $70
Unlimited travel for 30 days within Zone 1 (City of Cincinnati)
Zone 2 - $106
Unlimited travel for 30 days within Zone 2 (Hamilton County including
Rt. 23X; excludes Rt. 52X Harrison Express)
Harrison – $120
Unlimited travel for 30 days within Hamilton County (including Rt.
52X Harrison Express)
Zone 4 - $140
Unlimited travel for 30 days within Zone 4 (Butler County Rt. 42X)
Clermont Zone - $150
Unlimited travel for 30 days within Clermont County (Rts. 28, 29X, 82X)
Metro Zone 5 - $170
Unlimited travel for 30 days anywhere in the Metro system (Includes Warren County Rt. 71/71X)
Metro/TANK Pass - $105
Unlimited travel for 30 days within Zone 1 (City of Cincinnati) and all local TANK service
Regional Stored-Value Cards - $10, $20 or $30
30-day rolling passes are priced for riding Metro twice a day for 20 days during that period. If you are going to ride more than that -- you save. If you plan to ride less frequently during a 30-day period, you may want to consider purchasing a stored-value card.
Regional Stored-Value Cards are also helpful to have in your wallet in case you need to pay an extra fare. For example: If you have a Zone 1 Pass but need to travel to Zone 2, you can swipe your Zone 1 Pass and then insert your Stored-Value Card to pay the additional 90 cents. No need to carry change!
Not sure which zone your stop is in? Visit our Zone Map or find the PDF for your route on our Schedules page and look for the Zone listed at the top of each column and printed on each route map.
30-day rolling pass
Metro’s 30-day rolling passes are sold by zone and provide you with unlimited rides on any local or express Metro route for that zone.
Plus, pass buyers are eligible for Metro's Guaranteed Ride Home program. Instead of a monthly pass that is only valid during that calendar month, Metro’s 30-day rolling pass lets you choose when to start your 30-day pass period. For example, if you buy a 30-day rolling pass on March 5, it will be good until April 3.
No more standing in line the first of the month or worrying about using your pass during a month when you take vacation or don’t ride as often.
For information about Metro's new stored-value cards, for sale in amounts of $10, $20 and $30, check out the Fare Information page.
The first time you use your 30-day rolling pass, insert it in the slot on top of the farebox. The farebox will print that day’s date as the start date and the expiration date 30 days later.
After that first use, you can swipe your 30-day rolling pass through the card reader the same way you currently do and enjoy your ride.
When the 30 days are up, throw away the card and get a new one.
Ticket Vending Machines allow you to purchase 30-day Rolling Passes for all zones and Stored Value Cards using Cash or Credit Card, 24 hours per day, 7 days per week.
Ticket Vending Machines are conveniently located in three locations for your convenience:
- Government Square (5th St at Walnut St)
- Clifton Heights (Calhoun St at Clifton Ave)
- Med Center (Burnet Ave at Goodman St)
Mercantile Center arcade
120 E. Fourth Street
Cincinnati, OH 45202
Open weekdays 7:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Open first two days and last day of each month 6:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Closed weekends and major holidays.
Free schedules and bus information are also available.
You can also purchase bus passes by phone or mail using your Visa or MasterCard, simply call Metro’s sales office at 513-632-7699.
513-621-4455 (TDD 800-750-0750)
6:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. weekdays
Closed weekends and major holidays
Metro’s 30-day rolling passes and transfers are sold for your convenience. Please keep the following tips in mind:
Also, please be advised that any pass or transfer purchased from a non-authorized individual or reseller may not be valid. Purchase at your own risk.
* Cincinnati Municipal Code Sec. 406-75 and 406-77
Metro's 30-day rolling pass indicates the Zone you purchase on the top of the card. This card is for Zone 1. The first time you use the card, the "First Use" date is printed on the card as well as the day it expires, 30 days from your first use.