About Reinventing Metro
With the passage of Issue 7 in the spring of 2020, Hamilton County voters approved a sales tax levy of 0.8 percent and a new funding source for Metro. With improved funding, Metro is bringing to life its Reinventing Metro plan, offering the Greater Cincinnati region bold, new transit innovations that will help grow the regional economy and better connect our community to jobs, education, health care and entertainment.
How We Will Reinvent Metro: FAST
Shorter waits, with service every 15 minutes or better on major routes.
Safer, more comfortable places to wait and transfer. New benches, shelters and transit centers. Real-time signs, improved mobile apps and new buses featuring Wi-Fi and charging ports.
Extending how long buses run each day with 24-hour service on major corridors.
Decreasing time on the bus with faster trip times and improved connections through crosstown routes and two Bus Rapid Transit corridors.
Overall Service Improvements
The Reinventing Metro plan calls for transit improvements that will positively impact all of Hamilton County. In the next five years, the plan will accomplish the following:
- 26 routes with more frequent service
- 18 routes with longer service hours
- 8 new routes
- 8 route alignment changes
- 7 routes with 24-hour service on major corridors
- Service every 20 minutes or better on major routes, every day
- Crosstown service every 30 minutes or better during the day, every day
- More weekend service
- Access service improvements
- Additional new transit centers and park & ride locations
- More new buses with free Wi-Fi, charging ports and other amenities
- More suburban job connectivity with new demand-response service
- Bus Rapid Transit corridors offering faster travel through limited-stop service