Which pass is right for you?
• Day Pass
• 30-Day Rolling Pass
• Regional Stored Value Cards
Perfect for visitors, occasional riders, and anyone who plans to ride frequently throughout the day without worrying about exact change or transfers.
• $4.00 for Hamilton County Local, good for unlimited rides until 3 a.m. the next day. No transfers needed.
• $5 for Metro/TANK day pass, good for unlimited rides until 3 a.m. the next day on Metro and TANK buses.
• Available for purchase onboard the bus.
Important day pass reminders:
• To purchase on the bus, tell the operator BEFORE paying your fare or using a stored-value card.
• You may purchase a day pass on any route.
• You may pre-purchase day passes from the sales office to use at a later date. The expiration date is not set until pass is activated on the bus by inserting it into the slot on top of the farebox.
• Once activated, swipe it every time you ride (just like a 30-day rolling pass).
• Day passes are not accepted on Transit Authority of Northern Kentucky (TANK).
Regional Stored-Value Cards
Regional Stored-Value Cards are available in $10, $20, and $30 quantities and are good on all Metro and Tank buses. They are used like cash to pay all fares and discounted fares such as Fare Deal, children’s fares, or UC or Cincinnati State fares, and even for multiple riders.
Riders must tell the driver what they are paying for before they insert the cards into the slot on top of the farebox. Metro’s farebox will deduct fare from the stored-value card on each ride until all funds have been used.
30-Day Rolling Passes:
Metro’s 30-day rolling passes provide you with unlimited rides for 30 days. This pass gives you the flexibility to set your own start date. 30-day rolling pass holders are eligible for Metro's Guaranteed Ride Home program.
Hamilton County Local - $80: travel within Hamilton County
Hamilton County Express - $106: includes Rt. 52X & 72X
Suburban County Express – $150: Routes 42X, 71X, 82X
Metro/TANK - $105: travel within Hamilton County and all local TANK service
Here’s how a 30-day rolling pass works:
The first time you use your 30-day rolling pass, insert it in the slot on top of the farebox. The farebox will print that day’s date as the start date and the expiration date 30 days later.
After that first use, you can swipe your 30-day rolling pass through the card reader the same way you currently do and enjoy your ride.
How to Buy
Ticket vending machines allow you to purchase 30-day Rolling Passes and Stored Value Cards using Cash or Credit Card, 24 hours per day, 7 days per week.
- Government Square (5th St at Walnut St)
- Clifton Heights (Calhoun St at Clifton Ave)
- Med Center (Burnet Ave at Goodman St)
- Oakley Transit Center (corner of Isben & Marburg)
- Northside Transit Center (between Blue Rock Street & Spring Grove Avenue)
Metro Sales Office
Mercantile Center Arcade
120 E. Fourth Street
Cincinnati, OH 45202
Open weekdays 7:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Closed weekends and major holidays.
Free schedules and bus information are also available.
You can also purchase bus passes by phone or mail using your Visa or MasterCard. Simply call Metro’s sales office at 513-632-7699.
Metro Pass Policy
- Passes are not transferable and may not be used by anyone other than the person who purchased the pass.*
- No refunds or exchanges will be given.
- Metro is not responsible for lost/stolen/damaged passes.
- Misuse of your pass may result in confiscation.
Please be advised that any pass purchased from a non-authorized individual or reseller may not be valid. Purchase at your own risk.
* Cincinnati Municipal Code Sec. 406-75 and 406-77