Oct 30, 2020
METRO TO HOLD PUBLIC MEETING FOR FARE SIMPLIFICATION PROPOSAL
Proposed changes would simplify complex fare structure
CINCINNATI – Metro is holding a public meeting to receive comments from the community regarding a proposal to simplify its existing fare structure as part of the Reinventing Metro plan to make riding even easier.
The public meeting will be held on Wednesday, Nov. 18, 2020, between 3-8 p.m. at the Duke Energy Center, 525 Elm St., in the Junior Ballroom. In keeping with state regulations and out of concern for health and safety, Metro requests the public’s cooperation with adhering to strict safety protocols, including wearing a mask or facial covering, six-foot social distancing and using hand sanitizer upon arrival. Admittance to the room will be strictly controlled to maintain safe capacity levels. If you are ill or experiencing symptoms, please do not attend this meeting.
FARE SIMPLIFICATION PROPOSAL
Under the new proposal, the fare structure would go from six zone fare rates to one fare for all Hamilton County local routes, one fare for all Hamilton County express routes, and one for Suburban County express routes that service Warren, Butler and Clermont counties.
Additional changes include:
- Removal of all zones and zone fares
- $2.00 fare for all Hamilton County local routes
- $2.65 fare for all Hamilton County express service
- $3.75 fare for Suburban County service
- The cost of a Hamilton County local service day pass (formerly Zone 1 day pass) will be reduced from $4.50 to $4.00
- Hamilton County express day pass - $5.30
- Suburban County express day pass - $7.50
- Half-fare day pass - $2.00
- 5-ride Hamilton County local service (previously Zone 1) ticket - $10.00
- Free transfers good for up to 120 minutes on up to two buses with EZFare app purchases or 5-ride Hamilton County local service ticket
- The Fare Deal Program monthly sticker will increase by $1.50 to $40.00
- The Access Zone 2 fare will be eliminated and all Access one-way rides will cost $4.00
Additionally, nine express routes, Rts. 2X, 12X, 15X, 25X, 30X, 38X, 40X, 77X and 81X, will be re-designated as commuter local service with a fare of $2.00.
Full details of the proposal and answers to FAQs are available at go-metro.com/fare-simplification.
If approved by the Southwest Ohio Regional Transit Authority (SORTA) board, the fare structure would take effect March 14, 2021.
Other ways to comment:
All comments received by Nov. 18, 2020, at 8:00 p.m. will become part of the official public record and will be considered by SORTA. In addition to the public meeting, comments may be submitted in the following ways:
- Online: Complete the survey here.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax: 513-632-9202
- Mail: Metro, 525 Vine Street, Suite 500, Cincinnati, OH 45202
Metro is a non-profit, tax-funded public service of the Southwest Ohio Regional Transit Authority, providing about 13.5 million rides per year.
# # #