Public meetings to be held in downtown and Over-the-Rhine
CINCINNATI – The Southwest Ohio Regional Transit Authority is holding two public meetings in downtown Cincinnati and Over-the-Rhine to get feedback from the community on the proposed Cincinnati Streetcar service plan and fare structure. The public meetings will be held in two locations:
The public is invited to attend either meeting to hear a presentation and provide feedback. Sign language and Spanish language interpreters will be available if requested at least one week prior to the meeting.
All comments received by 5 p.m. on Monday, April 27, 2015 will become part of the public meeting record and may be submitted in the following ways:
Proposed service plan
Hours of operation:
Mon-Thurs & Sun: 6 a.m. – 10 p.m.
Fri & Sat: 6 a.m. – 12 a.m. (Midnight)
Holidays: 6 a.m. – 10 p.m.
Weekdays: every 12 minutes 10 a.m. – 9 p.m.
Weekdays: every 15 minutes 6 – 10 a.m./ 9 p.m. – midnight
Weekends/holidays: Every 15 minutes
$1.00 – 2-hour pass
$0.50 – half-fare 2-hour pass (must present valid Fare Deal card to fare inspector upon request)
$2.00 - day pass
Existing Metro passes accepted
- All 30-day rolling passes – no additional fare
- Day passes – no additional fare
- Transfers – no additional fare **
- Fare Deal stickers – no additional fare +
- Fare Deal card – $0.50 half-fare pass required*
- Stored-value cards may be used at ticket vending machines to purchase streetcar passes
Existing Metro passes not accepted
- UC, Cincinnati State and Antonelli College passes
- CPS passes
- Rt. 85 employer passes
- 1-ride tickets
- Everybody Rides Metro tickets
Streetcar to Metro:
- Valid 2-hour streetcar pass – pay $1.00 on bus
- Valid streetcar day pass – pay $1.00 on bus
Metro to Streetcar:
- Metro 30-day pass – no additional fare**
- Metro Day pass – no additional fare**
- Fare Deal card with sticker – no additional fare+
- Fare Deal card without sticker – must buy streetcar half-fare pass before boarding*
- Metro transfer – no additional fare**
*Must purchase streetcar half-fare at TVM before boarding streetcar and present valid Fare Deal card to fare inspector upon request.
+ Must present valid Fare Deal card and sticker to fare inspector upon request.
**Must present activated valid Metro 30-day rolling pass, Metro Day pass or Metro transfer to fare inspector upon request.
Background: Slated to open in September 2016, the Cincinnati Streetcar is intended to expand transportation options, stimulate development and job creation, and enhance livability by connecting key destinations in and around the center city. SORTA will operate the streetcar on behalf of the City of Cincinnati.
SORTA operates Metro and Access non-profit, tax-funded public transit services, providing about 17 million rides per year in Greater Cincinnati.
# # #