Aug 3, 2021
METRO TO HOLD VIRTUAL PUBLIC MEETING ON SERVICE IMPROVEMENTS
Public may submit feedback on frequency and route changes
CINCINNATI – The Southwest Ohio Regional Transit Authority (SORTA) will hold a public meeting to receive comments and inform the community about service improvements impacting the majority of Metro’s fixed routes. The enhancements include increased frequency and route changes that will take effect Aug. 15, 2021.
The previously announced in-person meeting scheduled for Thursday, August 5, from 4 to 6 p.m. will now be held virtually and streamed live on Metro’s Facebook page. The meeting has moved to a virtual format at the recommendation of the Cincinnati Public Health Department in light of the resurgence of COVID-19 cases driven by the highly transmissible Delta variant and Hamilton County’s identification as an area of “substantial spread” of COVID-19 by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
The public may join the virtual meeting using the Zoom meeting link. Metro staff will present details of the service changes at 4 p.m. and 5 p.m., with time to answer questions immediately following each presentation.
As part of Reinventing Metro, SORTA is implementing service improvements on most of its fixed routes. The proposed enhancements will result in faster and more dependable service for Metro riders across the region. The changes include:
- Improved frequency on week days during peak times (6-9:30 a.m./3-6 p.m.) on Rts. 4, 6, 11, 15, 17, 24, 28, 31, 32, 33, 41, 51 and 81
- Minor routing changes on Rts. 4, 11, 15, 24, 30, 31, 33, 41 and 46
- Running time adjustments on Rts. 2, 3, 12, 23X, 25, 29X, 42X, 52X, 71X, 74X, 82X and 85
- New Rt. 37: Providing crosstown peak (5:30-10 a.m./2:45-7 p.m.) weekday service between the Glenway Crossing Transit Center and Oakley Transit Center
- New Rt. 65: Providing crosstown peak (6:30-10 a.m./2:45-6:30 p.m.) weekday service between the Glenway Crossing Transit Center and Northside Transit Center
- Changes to all Xtra service routes (more details at go-metro.com/student-transportation)
HOW TO COMMENT
Comments may be submitted in the following ways:
Online: Complete the survey at go-metro.com/service-improvements
Mail: SORTA Public Meeting Comments, 525 Vine Street, Suite 500, Cincinnati, OH 45202
All comments received by August 5, 2021, at 6:00 p.m. will become part of the official public record and will be considered by SORTA.
# # #
Metro is a non-profit, tax-funded public service of the Southwest Ohio Regional Transit Authority, providing about 13.5 million rides per year. Learn more about Metro at www.go-metro.com.