Coronavirus Info (COVID-19):
Metro staff is taking the necessary actions to help prevent the potential spread of the coronavirus. We monitor coronavirus developments on a daily basis and receive frequent updates from local, state, and federal public health agencies and local jurisdictions.
Metro, along with all other transit systems, is taking guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the World Health Organization, and public health departments. Additionally, Metro is committed to providing the transit services our customers need to maintain their quality of life.
Rigorous Vehicle Cleanings:
In addition to the daily cleaning of our buses, we have implemented a two-step cleaning process with EPA-rated disinfectants to kill coronavirus.
Specifically, here is what Metro is doing:
- Applying an EPA-rated Tier 1 disinfectant that kills the coronavirus to all buses and surfaces inside buses and facilities, including poles, stanchions, and seats.
- Using an electrostatic sprayer that promotes surface adhesion of an EPA-registered antimicrobial.
- Providing hand sanitizing stations in all garages and offices for use by operators and maintenance employees and administrative employees, along with gloves and masks.
National Health & Safety Commitments Program
Since the beginning of the pandemic, Metro has worked tirelessly to keep riders safe from infection from the coronavirus. Along with more than 100 public transit systems across the country, Metro has joined the American Public Transportation Association’s (APTA) Health and Safety Commitments Program.
In order to join this national program, Metro has committed itself to the highest standards of health and safety for our customers and employees during the COVID-19 pandemic and beyond.
Tips for Riders
Help us stop the spread of COVID-19:
- Wear a mask or other facial covering while riding, per the federal mandate issued by the Federal Transit Administration.
- Make use of hand sanitizer dispensers installed on Metro buses.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Consider paying fare with the Transit app on your smartphone for contactless payment.
Operator COVID-19 Cases
In accordance with instructions from the Cincinnati Health Department, Metro informs the public when a Metro transit operator who has provided service to the public has tested positive for COVID-19. If members of the public have concerns that they may have come into contact with an affected operator, we advise them to closely monitor their health and follow all CDC guidelines, including contacting a medical professional should they develop symptoms.
The information below reflects last service dates and routes for affected operators who have served the public within the last month.
|Date||Route||Time of Service|
|Sept. 10||Rt. 17||12:45 p.m. - 7:11 p.m.|
|Sept. 10||Rt. 32||6:55 a.m. - 8:09 a.m.|
|Sept. 9||Rt. 6||1:08 p.m. - 6:38 p.m.|
|Sept. 9||Rt. 82||6:07 a.m. - 8:29 a.m.|
|July 31||Rt. 46 Avondale - Winton Hills||3:13 - 8:30 p.m.|
|July 30||Rt. 46 Avondale - Winton Hills||5:15 p.m. - 2:19 a.m.|
|July 30||Rt. 43 Reading - Bond Hill||8:29 p.m. - 5:02 a.m.|
|July 29||Rt. 43 Reading - Bond Hill||8:29 p.m. - 5:02 a.m.|
|July 25||Rt. 31 West End - Evanston Crosstown||11:28 a.m. - 4:43 p.m.|
|July 24||Rt. 17 Seven Hills/Mt. Healthy/Mt. Airy/Northgate||8:13 a.m. - 5:51 p.m.|
|July 20||Rt. 51 Glenway Crossing - Hyde Park Crosstown||5:24 - 9:31 a.m.|
|July 20||Rt. 24 Anderson - Uptown||1:32 - 2:22 p.m.|
|July 19||Rt. 51 Glenway Crossing - Hyde Park Crosstown||5:24 - 9:31 a.m.|
|July 19||Rt. 24 Anderson - Uptown||1:32 - 3:00 p.m.|
Get accurate information about coronavirus and prevention at: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus
For more information, contact:
Mike Weil, Interim Chief Safety Officer