First four weeks: 150,000+ Rides on CB Connector
It's hard to believe, but it was just four weeks ago today that the Cincinnati Bell Connector opened to the public. In that month, there have been many accomplishments:
• Safe operations with no service accidents
• As of Oct. 6, 151,654 rides provided, far exceeding projections especially on weekends:
• Grand Opening weekend (sept. 9-11) – 50,646 rides
• Oktoberfest weekend (Sept. 16-18) – 29,113 rides
• Bengals Home Opener weekend (Sept. 23-25) – 18,006 rides
• Reds Games Weekend (Sept. 30-Oct. 2) – 14,907 rides
• Beginning this weekend, more streetcars will be in service to accommodate the number of people riding and to reduce wait times.
• More than 5,600 riders have downloaded the new Cincy EZRide app to buy their fare on their phones. The app is free and is available on Android and iOS smartphones.
• Changes coming soon to make the ticket vending machines faster and easier for streetcar riders to use.
For more information about the Cincinnati Bell Connector, visit www.cincinnatibellconnector.com and connect with the streetcar on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.