Cincinnati Bell Connector Fares Begin Today
CINCINNATI – Following a weekend of free rides, customers will now need to purchase a pass to ride on the Cincinnati Bell Connector.
Effective Monday, Sept. 12:
- Tickets are $1 for 2 hours or $2 for an all-day pass
- Children under 35” ride free and children under 45” pay ½ fare
- Metro Fare Deal pass-holders (older adults and people with disabilities) pay ½ fare with their Fare Deal ID card
- Customers ride the streetcar free with a valid Metro 30-day pass, day pass or transfer
How to use streetcar tickets
Cincinnati Bell Connector tickets can be purchased at ticket vending machines at all streetcar stations or on the new Cincy EZRide app available at the app stores for Android and Apple smartphones. Fare tickets can be purchased in advance and must be validated (activated) when you want to use them. The validation is done at the ticket vending machine for paper tickets and online for Cincy EZRide tickets.
Customers will be asked to present their valid tickets to fare inspectors riding the vehicles.
If a customer does not have a valid fare ticket:
- Initial fine: $100
- If delinquent: $200
- If sent for collections: $275
Commemorative fare media
The special streetcar commemorative tokens or the three levels of Founders’ Club metal cards will be valid through the following dates:
- Commemorative streetcar token ($10): 7 days Sept. 12-Sept. 18
- Founders’ Club card ($25) 15 days Sept. 12-Sept. 26
- Founders’ Club card ($50) 30 days Sept. 12-Oct. 11
- Founders’ Club card ($100) 60 days Sept. 12-Nov. 1
The commemorative streetcar tokens are still available for sale at:
- City of Cincinnati, 2nd floor cashier (+ $0.30 credit card processing fee)
- Metro’s sales office, Mercantile arcade across from Government Square
- On-line at www.go-metro.com (+ $2 shipping and handling fee)