Cincinnati Bell Connector Fares Begin Monday
Sept. 7, 2016
IT’S ONLY FARE… CINCINNATI BELL CONNECTOR FARES BEGIN MONDAY
Buy tickets online or at stations: $1 for 2 hours or $2 for all day
CINCINNATI – Riding the Cincinnati Bell Connector streetcar will be free this weekend for the grand opening, Sept. 9-11.
Beginning Monday, Sept. 12, customers will need to have a fare ticket to be on the streetcar station platforms and ride the streetcar.
- Tickets are $1 for 2 hours or $2 for all day
- Children under 35” ride free and children under 45” pay ½ fare
- Metro Fare Deal pass-holders (older adults and people with disabilities) pay ½ fare with their Fare Deal ID card
- Customers ride the streetcar free with a valid Metro 30-day pass, day pass or transfer
How to use streetcar tickets
Cincinnati Bell Connector tickets can be purchased at ticket vending machines at all streetcar stations or on the new Cincy EZRide app available at the app stores for Android and Apple smartphones. Fare tickets can be purchased in advance and must be validated (activated) when you want to use them. The validation is done at the ticket vending machine for paper tickets and online for Cincy EZRide tickets.
Customers will be asked to present their valid tickets to fare inspectors riding the vehicles.
If a customer does not have a valid fare ticket:
- Initial fine: $100
- If delinquent: $200
- If sent for collections: $275
Commemorative fare media
The special streetcar commemorative tokens or the three levels of Founders’ Club metal cards will be valid on the following dates:
- Commemorative streetcar token ($10): 7 days Sept. 12-Sept. 18
- Founders’ Club card ($25) 15 days Sept. 12-Sept. 26
- Founders’ Club card ($50) 30 days Sept. 12-Oct. 11
- Founders’ Club card ($100) 60 days Sept. 12-Nov. 10
The commemorative streetcar tokens are still available for sale at:
- City of Cincinnati, 2nd floor cashier (+ $0.30 credit card processing fee)
- Metro’s sales office, Mercantile arcade across from Government Square
- On-line at www.go-metro.com (+ $2 shipping and handling fee)
A limited number of the $100 Cincinnati Streetcar Founders’ Club commemorative metal cards and matching metal cases are also still available. Originally sold in 2014, these cards are good for unlimited rides during the first 60 days of revenue service. The Founders’ Club cards can only be purchased at the Metro sales office in the Mercantile arcade across from Government Square. Hours are 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. weekdays only.