Electric Zero-Emission Bus to Visit Cincinnati on Sept. 18
Metro’s operations team will test drive the Proterra electric, zero-emission bus on Sept. 18, 2012.
WHAT: Electric zero-emission bus to visit Cincinnati
WHEN: Tuesday, Sept. 18, 2012
Media photo op and short test drives: 11:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
WHERE: Fifth Street, between Walnut & Main, across from Government Square
Just charge it up and go… for super-green commuting.
On Sept. 18, Metro’s operations team will test drive the Proterra electric, zero-emission bus. Manufactured in Greenville, S.C., Proterra’s EcoRide 35-ft., battery-powered bus offers many benefits:
- No emissions… absolutely none
- No diesel fuel… savings could be $300,000+ over the life of the bus
- Extremely quiet
- Can travel about 40 miles before recharging
- Recharges in about 10 minutes
- Reduces bus weight by 20-40% compared to a diesel bus
- More than 80% of the parts are made in the U.S. -- Ohio is a major supplier of Proterra bus parts
Metro is reviewing this innovative technology now to better understand its possible uses. There are no immediate plans to buy this bus.
Metro is a non-profit, tax-funded public service of the Southwest Ohio Regional Transit Authority, providing about 17 million rides per year.
# # #