- Riding Metro
- Fares & Passes
- About Metro
- Doing Business
- Contact Us
The UC*Metro Program is offered to enrolled UC students and UC employees to help defray their cost of transportation. With each new semester, UC students and UC employees must:
• Apply online to receive a new discount card that will be valid for the semester. Program eligibility is determined at the time of online application.
• Use and swipe the valid discount card at the farebox onboard Metro to receive the discount.
Although two types of discount cards are offered, UC students and employees may only use one type of discount card during each semester. The current choices are:
1. UC*Metro Discount Card is available to eligible students and employees for a registration fee ($53 for students, $160 for employees) each semester. The card lets students and employees ride Metro free in Zone 1 (city limits) as often as they wish. When riding in Zones 2 through 5, all UC*Metro Discount Card holders will pay Metro Zone fees as a cash drop, ranging from $0.90 to $2.50 per ride.
2. EZ Ride Discount Card is free to eligible students and employees and can be used for unlimited rides anywhere Metro goes for only $1 with no additional zone charges. Transfers are available for $.50. This is a great option for those who regularly ride beyond Zone 1 (city limits).
Both the UC*Metro and the EZ Ride Discount Cards:
• Are valid for the same semester time period -- they become valid on the first day of the semester and they expire on the first day of the following semester.
• May be used 24-hours-a-day, 7-days-a-week, for unlimited rides per day wherever Metro buses travel.
• Carry the name and photograph of the UC cardholder and are only valid for the person to whom they are issued.
Read about the program requirements and register for the discount card on the UC website.
For questions about the UC*Metro Program contact Marie Sutthoff, UC Facilities Management, at Marie.Sutthoff@uc.edu or 513-556-4319.
Eight routes serve UC's main campus seven days a week unless otherwise noted:
Metro serves UC's other campuses.
Rt. 4 Blue Ash serves the UC Blue Ash campus (Monday through Friday)
From Main Campus, you can take Rt. 51 and transfer to the Rt. 4 in Blue Ash (or take any other route heading downtown to catch Rt. 4 at Government Square.)
Several routes travel within a 5-10 minute walk of the Victory Parkway Campus.
Metro and Cincinnati State have teamed up to offer students the Metro Discount Card to help defray their cost of transportation.
The Metro Discount Card allows students to ride the bus only $1 each way with no additional zone charges and 50 cent transfers if needed. That’s right – only $1 each way on any bus, anytime, anywhere Metro goes. And the card is free!
Students find it’s as easy as 1, 2, 3 -
1. They sign up on their Cincinnati State account to receive their Metro Discount Card.
2. Swipe the valid Metro Discount Card at the farebox onboard any Metro bus.
3. Pay $1 after they swipe the card. Pay an additional 50 cents if they need a transfer.
The Metro Discount Card:
•Is valid for one semester -- it becomes valid on the first day of the semester and expires on the first day of the following semester.
• May be used 24-hours-a-day, 7-days-a-week, for unlimited rides per day wherever Metro buses travel. (Not valid on special services.)
• Carries the name and photograph of the Cincinnati State cardholder and is only valid for the person to whom it is issued.
Get more information about the program and register for the Metro Discount Card on the Cincinnati State website.
Get on board. Metro and Antonelli College are teaming up to help you get to college.
Introducing the Antonelli College*Metro program. Get a Metro Discount Card that will let you ride the bus for only $1 each way with 50 cent transfers if needed. Just "tap and show." Students will swipe their Metro Discount Card, drop a dollar in the farebox, show their photo ID to driver, and be on their way. That's right - only $1 each way on any bus, any time, anywhere Metro goes. And the card is free!
Antonelli College is conveniently located only two blocks from Government Square, Metro's downtown transit hub.
Contact Antonelli's network administrator, Ken Harthun to get your Metro Discount Card. Please allow 3 to 5 business days to get your card. Cards will be distributed by the Antonelli College Dean of Students.
Students you know go*METRO!
Click on an image below for even more places you can take when you go*Metro!
||Great American Ballpark
|Make it a movie night
|Take the night to Newport on the Levee
||Check out restaurants in Northside
||Shop at Kenwood Towne Centre
||Visit Washington Park