Special program passes
Swipe these passes through the magnetic pass reader as you currently do and show the pass to the bus operator. Any fare due will be displayed for you to see.
* Fare Deal card
* University of Cincinnati and Cincinnati State passes
* Xtra Service passes issued by Cincinnati Public Schools
Effective Dec. 4, 2011, all transfers will be issued and validated by Metro's new fareboxes.
* The transfer time period will start at the time you board the bus and pay your fare.
* For this reason, Metro is extending the transfer time period from the current 90 minutes to 120 minutes to allow adequate time for customers to make their connections.
* Transfers will still cost $.50 and you may still use transfers to ride any route in any direction within the time printed on the transfer, on up to two additional buses.
* Upon the second use or when the time is up, the farebox will mark the transfer as EXPIRED and it will no longer be valid.
* You must pay the full fare and the $0.50 transfer charge to receive a transfer.
* Other transfer policies and procedures remain in effect.