Which pass is right for you?
• Day Pass
• 30 Day Rolling Pass
• Regional Stored Value Cards
Perfect for visitors, occasional riders and anyone who plans to ride frequently throughout the day without worrying about exact change or transfers.
• $4.50 for Zone 1 and $6.30 for Zone 2
• Unlimited rides ‘til 3 a.m. next day on both the Metro bus & Cincinnati Bell Connector streetcar. No transfers needed
• Available for purchase onboard the bus.
Important day pass reminders:
• To purchase on the bus, tell the operator BEFORE paying your fare or using a stored-value card.
• You may purchase a Zone 1 or 2 day pass on any route.
• You may pre-purchase day passes from the sales office to use at a later date. The expiration date is not set until pass is activated on the bus by inserting it into the slot on top of the farebox.
• Once activated, swipe it every time you ride (just like a 30-day rolling pass).
• If paying for zone fares, tell the operator before you insert your day pass.
• Day passes are not accepted on Transit Authority of Northern Kentucky (TANK.)
Read Frequently Asked Questions about day passes
Regional Stored-Value Cards
Regional Stored-Value Cards, are available in $10, $20, and $30 quantities, and are good on all Metro and Tank buses. They are used like cash to buy transfers, pay all zone fares and discounted fares such as Fare Deal, children’s fares or UC or Cincinnati State fares, and even for multiple riders.
Riders must tell the driver what they are paying for before they insert the cards into the slot on top of the farebox. Metro’s farebox will deduct fare from the stored-value card on each ride until all funds have been used.
Watch the below video on how to use Regional Stored-Value Cards:
30-day Rolling Passes:
Metro’s 30-day rolling passes are sold by zone and provide you with unlimited rides on any local or express Metro route and the Cincinnati Bell Connector streetcar for 30 days. This pass gives you the flexibility to set your own start date. For example, if you activate your pass on March 5, it will be good until April 3. Passes are priced for riding Metro twice a day for 20 days during that period, if you ride more than that -- you save! If you plan to ride less frequently, you may want to consider purchasing a stored-value card.
30-day rolling pass holders are eligible for Metro's Guaranteed Ride Home program.
Zone 1 - $70: travel within Zone 1 (City of Cincinnati)
Zone 2 - $106: travel within Zone 2 (Hamilton County including Rt. 23X; excludes Rt. 52X Harrison Express)
Harrison – $120: travel within Hamilton County (including Rt. 52X Harrison Express)
Zone 4 - $140: travel within Zone 4 (Butler County Rt. 42X)
Clermont Zone - $150:travel within Clermont County (Rts. 28, 29X, 82X)
Metro Zone 5 - $170: travel anywhere in the Metro system (Includes Warren County Rt. 71/71X)
Metro/TANK Pass - $105: travel within Zone 1 (City of Cincinnati) and all local TANK service
NOTE: Additional zone fare will be charged for travel beyond your pass zone. Not sure which zone your stop is in? Visit our Zone Map or find the PDF for your route on our Schedules page and look for the Zone listed at the top of each column and printed on each route map.
Here’s how a 30-day rolling pass works:
The first time you use your 30-day rolling pass, insert it in the slot on top of the farebox. The farebox will print that day’s date as the start date and the expiration date 30 days later.
After that first use, you can swipe your 30-day rolling pass through the card reader the same way you currently do and enjoy your ride.
How to Buy
Ticket Vending Machines allow you to purchase 30-day Rolling Passes and Stored Value Cards using Cash or Credit Card, 24 hours per day, 7 days per week.
Ticket Vending Machines are conveniently located in the following locations:
- Government Square (5th St at Walnut St)
- Clifton Heights (Calhoun St at Clifton Ave)
- Med Center (Burnet Ave at Goodman St)
- All 18 Cincinnati Bell Connector stations
Metro sales office
Mercantile Center arcade
120 E. Fourth Street
Cincinnati, OH 45202
Open weekdays 7:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Open first two days and last day of each month 6:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Closed weekends and major holidays.
Free schedules and bus information are also available.
You can also purchase bus passes by phone or mail using your Visa or MasterCard, simply call Metro’s sales office at 513-632-7699.
Metro Pass and Transfer Policy
- Valid transfers are good for rides on the Cincinnati Bell Connector streetcar.
- Passes and transfers are not transferable and may not be used by anyone other than the person who purchased the pass or transfer.*
- No refunds or exchanges will be given.
- Metro is not responsible for lost/stolen/damaged passes or transfers.
- Misuse of your pass or transfer may result in confiscation.
Also, please be advised that any pass or transfer purchased from a non-authorized individual or reseller may not be valid. Purchase at your own risk.
* Cincinnati Municipal Code Sec. 406-75 and 406-77